Tuesday, June 2, 2009

objects_for_Sims2 Re: help!

No need to upgrade or buy anything else. As long as you are unzipping before adding to your downloads.

We are talking clothing and hair, not objects?

I seem to remember a problem where the creator had more than the base game installed and made creations for the base game, but they are read as from another EP, so don't work in the base game.

And there is always the possibility that they are NOT for base game. I glanced at the sites you mentioned and did not find anything that said what EP's were needed.

As I don't know what to tell you, I will link you to the sims 2 wkik, please don't be offended by the title!
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Downloading_for_Fracking_Idiots

Still let us know if you get it fixed, what worked so we can pass it along.
Good Luck!

--
SuSim

I sim, therefore I am.
http://lmgtfy.com/



On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Bre Levesque <brelevesque@yahoo.com> wrote:
Yes, I have done all of that. I should have said this in my earlier post but the only place where CC shows up in my game is when I download it from the Sims2 official site.
 
I have heard about unzipping files but people talk about different tools to unzip files. I use winzip and that came with my computer. Do I need to upgrade it to a new one or should I buy the recommended ones that they talk about?


From: SuSim Hermit <ladyhermit@gmail.com>
To: objects-for-sims@googlegroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2009 6:45:15 PM
Subject: objects_for_Sims2 Re: help!

In game go into Options, Game Options and make sure "catalog displays custom content " is clicked on. Then close your game and restart.

Have you unzipped the files and placed the package files into your:
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads ?


--
SuSim

I sim, therefore I am.
http://lmgtfy.com/

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Bre Levesque <brelevesque@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello
 
I need a LOT of help. I have the Sims 2 Base Game and I recently as in 2 days ago bought approximatly 2G of more memory for my computer. So, when I went to different sites to download Sim CC, I went to LianaSims2.com and pronupsims..com and none of it is showing up in my game.
 
I even went back to the sites and made sure that  had downloaded items specifically for the Sims 2 Base Game and to make sure that I had downloaded the meshes and still nothing is showing up! 
 
Any help would be most appreciated.. I am dying over here. I have tried every option (that I am aware of)
 
Bre













--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Objects For Sims 2" group.
To post to this group, send email to objects-for-sims@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to objects-for-sims+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/objects-for-sims?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments:

Post a Comment